For the attention of passengers travelling to Azerbaijan on special flights of Buta Airways during COVID-19 Pandemic.
In addition to citizens of Azerbaijan, the following persons on the list are allowed on these flights:
• Heads and staff of foreign embassies and consulates accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members;
• Foreign citizens, one of whose parents, siblings, spouse, children, grandparents or grandchildren are citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, also family members of those passengers (parents, spouse or children);
• Foreign citizens who have a work permit in Azerbaijan;
• Foreign citizens with a temporary or permanent residence permit in Azerbaijan;
In addition to the category of passengers indicated above, citizens and residents of Russian Federation, Turkey, USA, Bahrain, UAE, United Kingdom, Israel, Hungary and Qatar will be also accepted on special flights of the airline in accordance with passport and visa rules of Azerbaijan Republic and the below indicated conditions:
- Passengers over 18 years old - the presence of a COVID-passport (an official certificate confirming the completion of the full course of vaccination, or an official certificate of recovery from COVID-19), as well as a certificate of a negative result of a PCR test for coronavirus passed within 72 hours before departure. COVID-passport or immune certificate must have electronic verification attributes. These documents will be checked during check-in at the airport.
- medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure of flight for passengers aged 1 to 18 years. COVID passports and PCR test results are not required for children under 1 year of age.
Citizens of other countries who fall under the category of persons who have the right to enter Azerbaijan have a printed medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure of flight to Azerbaijan. PCR test results are not required for children under 1 year of age. The age of the child is determined on the date of departure.
QR code on the certificate is desirable, since it allows to get detailed information about the PCR test result more quickly. Thus, passengers who present a certificate with QR code embedded will pass through border control faster, since this unique code will provide full information about their PCR test results. Under the existing requirements, passengers presenting certificates of negative PCR test results for COVID-19 without QR code embedded are expected to undergo a more thorough check. Passengers should note that such check will require additional time to be carried out.
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Turkey?
When departing from Turkey, passengers can pass COVID-19 test in one of the “Memorial Sağlık Grubu” clinics or other clinics from the list available on the website of the Ministry of Health of Turkey: https://covid19.saglik.gov.tr/TR-68720/covid-19-yetkilendirilmis-tani-laboratuvarlari-listesi.html
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Georgia?
- ∙ Upon departure from Georgia to Azerbaijan on AZAL flights it is necessary to obtain a certificate of negative coronavirus test in one of the branches of Synevo laboratory (www.synevo.ge) or to provide a certificate of a negative PCR-test result for COVID-19. It is recommended to have a QR code on the certificate. The presence of such a code will help speed up the passage of formalities at the arrival airport.
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Ukraine?
- ∙ Median Laboratory - https://median.kiev.ua
∙ CSD Laboratory - https://www.csdlab.ua/