For the attention of passengers travelling to Azerbaijan on special flights of AZAL during COVID-19 Pandemic.
Following persons on the list are allowed on these flights:
- Citizens of Azerbaijan;
- Heads and staff of foreign embassies and consulates accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members;
- Foreign citizens, one of whose parents, siblings, spouse, children, grandparents or grandchildren are citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, also family members of those passengers (parents, spouse or children);
- Foreign citizens who have a work permit in Azerbaijan;
- Foreign citizens with a temporary or permanent residence permit in Azerbaijan, also family members of those passengers (parents, spouse or children under the age of 18 years);
All of the above categories of persons during check-in must provide a certificate of a negative coronavirus PCR test result issued within 72 hours before departure of the flight. PCR test results are not required for children under 1 year of age. The age of the child is determined on the date of departure.
In addition to the above-mentioned category of passengers, citizens of the following countries, as well as long-term citizens of other states who live in these countries (including stateless persons): Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong-Kong (PRC), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, Uruguay and USA will be also accepted on special flights of the airline in accordance with passport and visa rules of Azerbaijan Republic and the conditions mentioned below:
- Passengers over 18 years old - the presence of a COVID-passport (an official certificate confirming the completion of the full course of vaccination (only J&J/Janssen and Sputnik Light a single dose), official certificate of recovery from COVID-19) or certificate of contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination, as well as a certificate of a negative result of a PCR test for coronavirus passed within 72 hours before departure. COVID-passport, immune certificate or certificate of contraindication to C0VID-19 vaccination must have electronic verification attributes and must be issued by the state only. These documents will be checked during check-in at the airport.
- Medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure of flight for passengers aged 1 to 18 years. COVID passports and PCR test results are not required for children under 1 year of age.
QR code on the certificate is desirable, since it allows to get detailed information about the PCR test result more quickly. Thus, passengers who present a certificate with QR code embedded will pass through border control faster, since this unique code will provide full information about their PCR test results. Under the existing requirements, passengers presenting certificates of negative PCR test results for COVID-19 without QR code embedded are expected to undergo a more thorough check. Passengers should note that such check will require additional time to be carried out.
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Turkey?
When departing from Turkey, passengers can pass COVID-19 test in one of the “Memorial Sağlık Grubu” clinics or other clinics from the list available on the website of the Ministry of Health of Turkey: https://covid19.saglik.gov.tr/TR-68720/covid-19-yetkilendirilmis-tani-laboratuvarlari-listesi.html
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Georgia?
- ∙ Upon departure from Georgia to Azerbaijan on AZAL flights it is necessary to obtain a certificate of negative coronavirus test in one of the branches of Synevo laboratory (www.synevo.ge) or to provide a certificate of a negative PCR-test result for COVID-19. It is recommended to have a QR code on the certificate. The presence of such a code will help speed up the passage of formalities at the arrival airport.
- Where can I test for COVID-19 when travelling from Ukraine?
- ∙ Median Laboratory - https://median.kiev.ua
∙ CSD Laboratory - https://www.csdlab.ua/