Rules of entry for passengers arriving in the Russian Federation and/or traveling in transit.
1. The requirements for the citizens of the Russian Federation, their family members and permanent residents of Russia
• Citizens of the Russian Federation must fill in the form "Registration of arrivals to the Russian Federation" on the Unified Portal of State and Municipal Services in electronic form before departure to the Russian Federation (when purchasing a ticket, but not later than check-in for the flight) in electronic form in the section "Registration of Arrivals to the Russian Federation". After following the necessary data in the form a special QR code is sent to the passenger's email address. The code must be presented to the Rospotrebnadzor counter when passing the sanitary and quarantine control at the arrival airport.
2. The requirements for foreign citizens
All passengers travelling to the Russian Federation must download the “Путешествую без COVID-19” mobile. The application can be downloaded using the below links:
For iPhones: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1541206996
For Android smartphones: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nocovid19.su&hl=az&gl=US
For Huawei smartphones: https://appgallery.huawei.com/#/app/C104343239
Once the application is downloaded to your device, you need to scan your passport.
You are required to take the PCR test for COVID-19 only at the approved clinics or laboratories. The list of clinics can be found at the end of this page. PCR test must be issued at most 48 hours before arrival in the country.
The list of clinics also available in the “Путешествую без COVID-19” mobile application when choosing your country of departure (from Azerbaijan to Russia). When passing the test, a passenger must notify the clinic that he/she is travelling to Russia and present his/her foreign passport.
Information about the test result after scanning the QR code will be stored as a green QR code in the mobile application. This code must be provided at the check-in counter as well as at border check points upon arrival in Russia
In case there are technical problems with your mobile device while traveling, you must also have a paper copy of the PCR test.
Using the app is optional for:
- the citizens of the Russian Federation and nationals of Belarus
- the transit passengers traveling through Azerbaijan (subject to the availability of flight tickets and/or boarding passes along the entire route to the Russian Federation) and given they passed the test in the country of initial departure
- children or the older ones who do not use smartphones can provide as a confirmation the QR code in the application on the smartphone of another passenger traveling together with them.
- Before arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizens must fill in the form (download here) of arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation in English or Russian (it will be provided on board the aircraft, you can also pre-print and fill in). In the form, it is mandatory to fill in the boxes indicating the address of the location on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Foreign citizens arriving for the purpose of carrying out work activities must comply with the requirements for isolation for a period of 14 calendar days from the date of arrival on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- students with a written approval issued by their university. The approval must have been submitted to the Federal Security Service of the Russian Fed. by the university;;
- This does not apply to nationals of the Russian Federation and nationals of Belarus.
The above requirements are provided by a third-party source and subject to change without prior notice. Please check the IATA Travel Centre website before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from and arriving to.